Tuesday, September 24, 2013

VLV Sept Week2 - Little Boy Birthday Wish

Finally had some time to create a card and used the VLVSEP2013 week 2 sketch and joined the challenge. Actually, I had time to also work on week 3, but will get that posted soon enough as well.

Here are 2 versions using the sketch above:
I wanted to make my little grandson a birthday card and pulled out this cute paper by ctmh called: Tommy along with the stamp set: Borderline by Verve. Added the stars by using the Starry Die (Verve) along with Honey and Outdoor Denim cardstock by ctmh. Paper pierced the spellbinders circle and sponged daubed around using Desert Sand ink (ctmh).

After I finished it, I looked and thought to try again and focus more on a little boy and came up with the card below.
This card uses retired paper called: Animal Cookies (ctmh) that I've been saving for a long time just to work on little kid cards and came in handy for creating this.

Here I used Spellbinders Label Eighteen die as my center focus and coordinating stamp set called: Very Vintage Labels No.18 (Waltzingmouse) for the border line. The cute little elephant came from Verve called: Emery Plain Jane which I colored using spectrum noir markers and gave me time to practice coloring. Fuzzy cut and pop up using foam mount.
 
Stars were added using the Starry Die by Verve and sentiment is from the set: Big Wish (Verve)

Check out the Viva la Verve Master Challenge thread for all the details on this monthly challenge.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I enjoy looking at the supply list via pictures that link when viewing other blogs as a helpful tool, so I figured to add them to my posts as long as I can link it up, at least the stamp set, paper, and dies. Again, let me know if you enjoy looking at the pictures of the supplies or just the text names?

Which one do you like better for a little 2 year boy?

Supplies:


Supplies Used: Card 1
Stamp Set: Borderline (Verve)
Paper: Tommy Paper Pack (ctmh),
Cardstock: White, Honey (ctmh), Outdoor Denim (ctmh), Desert Sand (ctmh)
Inks: Cranberry (ctmh), Outdoor Denim (ctmh)
Accessories:  Starry Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Spellbinders Circle Dies, Foam Mount


Supplies Used: Card 2
Stamp Set: Emery Plain Jane (Verve), Big Wish (Verve), Very Vintage Labels No.18 (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Animal Cookies (ctmh - Retired)
Cardstock: White, Desert Sand (ctmh), Dutch Blue (ctmh - Retired), Cranberry (ctmh)
Inks: Distress Black Ink (Tim Holts), Spectrum Noir markers
Accessories:  Labels Eighteen (Spellbinders), Starry Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Foam Mount

No comments:

Post a Comment